Whether it's year-end holidays, birthdays or anniversaries, the joy of giving gifts makes the holidays even more meaningful. We all want to see that spark in someone's eyes when we hit the awesome gift jackpot.
But gifts also have downsides. It is estimated that the amount of waste generated increases by 25% during the holiday season. This is a lot of excess plastic, food waste and other garbage that ends up in landfills and damages the environment.
So how do you bring joy not only to your friends and family, but to the entire planet?
Updating our holiday traditions with sustainability in mind may be the answer. Sustainability means wise use of the planet's limited resources, including aspects such as:
- Transparent and responsible manufacturing to reduce carbon and waste
- Replacing disposable and non-degradable products with durable goods
- Choice of slow fashion fast fashion
- Using environmentally friendly organic materials
- Supporting local businesses, social enterprises and charities
We only make products that are actually bought. This is a step towards more sustainable fashion production as almost 85% of all textiles produced in retail ends up in landfills.
We also offer Bella + Canvas, a brand renowned for its transparency and sustainability. They use 7 times less water than other retailers and use green energy whenever possible. They also improved their production to recycle surplus fabric.